Is Original Log Homes Good
Want to know more about Is Original Log Homes Good? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Is Original Log Homes Good.
- The Original Log Cabin Homes Does Not Recommend Any One Particular Log Builder Over Another, Therefore, Giving Our Client Fair Market Place Competition Amongst the Builders. “Log Builders Love The Original Log Cabin Homes Simply …
- Aug 16, 2013 · Original Log Cabin Homes was selected because they promised that they could work with a self-builder. We did our homework, attended their day of reviewing the company and observed the building of a log wall. The contract left some what to be desired as it was vague in some areas but they all assured us that all would go well.Location: Rocky Mount, North Carolina
- Sep 21, 2015 · The Original Log Cabin Homes uses Eastern White Pine as a standard. It is beautiful and durable, plus it performs well in all parts of the United States. It is the most economical simply because it is the most readily available. It is the least resinous of all pines and is very dimensionally stable if it is cured/dried correctly.
- Western cedar logs are better and more expensive. Full log homes have no insulation – It is really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter without conventional systems in place. A log wall is a solid mass and since there is no insulated space, R-Value does not apply correctly.
- Yes, wood does rot, but only between the moisture content of 30% to 60%. There is no such thing as dry rot as wood must be quite moist to rot. So a properly designed log home (or any home for that matter) with adequate roof overhangs, rain gutters, down spouts and …
- The rustic nature of log home certainly gives them a lot of character. Because of all the nooks and crannies in a log home, there can be places that are perfect for certain rodents. Mice getting into log homes is one problem most homeowners have in common. Especially in the fall, these critters are looking for a warm place to call home.
- Log homes that are properly designed and built can be made 15 percent to 20 percent more efficient than homes made of more modern construction materials. Log homes also tend to be quieter than other homes, since the same log properties that contribute to energy efficiency also possess sound-deadening properties.
- Douglas fir is a western species whose tones vary from rosy red to yellow, depending on age. Because the douglas fir tree grows to majestic heights, the wood offers an excellent strength-to-weight ratio that makes it a fine choice for log homes built in areas prone to storms, high winds and earthquakes.
- Modern Log Cabin Styles. Although log cabins were first built during the early American frontier, cabins are still a popular home choice in the modern world. Everything from simplistic, minimalist cabins to extravagant log vacation homes are being built today. Here are some different styles of modern log cabins: Classic Stacked Log Homes
Have you found Is Original Log Homes Good information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.