Is A Pistol Grip Shotgun Good For Home Defense Reddit
Want to know more about Is A Pistol Grip Shotgun Good For Home Defense Reddit? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Is A Pistol Grip Shotgun Good For Home Defense Reddit.
- Mar 06, 2008 · Shotgun: Highly effective at stopping threats. all the stability that goes with a long gun (assumes you aren't a retard with a pistol grip only) not great capacity. effective defensive ammunition penetrates walls more than intermediate rifle cartridges. least expensive base price. Semi-auto rifle. highly effective at stopping threats
- I would say stick with no pistol grip. If anything I agree with Luckygunner there's an advantage to a shortened buttstock by getting a magpul stock as /u/HereToStrokeTheEgo suggested or youth stock because it offers more maneuverability in home defense situations, as does a 18.5" barrel. CRSFirearms has a long ass video worth skimming where he generally dismisses the idea that a pistol grip ...
- Sep 28, 2010 · The buck or slug-loaded shotgun is far superior to a pistol for home defense. Rifles are even better for faster follow-up shots, no chance of short-stroking the pump action, and deeper magazines. For your purposes though, any stocked firearm is far superior to a pistol for any sort of situation where concealment isn't a concern.
- If your goal was a pistol grip, I would say look into the remington 870 due to the location of the controls - but it isn't, so given your price range I recommend looking into a mossberg 590. I'm partial to ghost ring sights, so I recommend the model #50663 or #50668.
- What you probably actually want is low recoil buckshot loads rather than a particularly light shotgun. Really, the best gun for home defense is (to a point) whatever you are able to deploy most effectively. For me, that's a handgun because that's what I practice most with and am most comfortable with - I've been shooting the same 9mm for 10 years.
- Aug 16, 2011 · If you are talking about pistol grip only, bad idea. A shotgun with a stock, either conventional or pistol grip, is more versatile and controllable. With a PG only, hip shooting is really the only shooting you can do. The recoil goes to your hand and wrist. If you get into a close quarters situation the BG has all the leverage to take the gun from you.
- Or for military/SWAT units that use a shotgun to breach doors, yet need one they can easily carry, I suppose a pistol grip shotgun would perform admirably. But for most citizens in the home, I felt they would always be better served by a shotgun sporting a full-sized stock. Recently, however, my opinion has evolved slightly, and I’ll tell you why.
- May 20, 2020 · Mossberg has been making guns since 1919, and is still a family owned American business. First launched in 1960, the 500 series of pump-action shotguns are some of the most popular home defense ...
Have you found Is A Pistol Grip Shotgun Good For Home Defense Reddit information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.