Is A 410 Good Home Protection
Want to know more about Is A 410 Good Home Protection? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Is A 410 Good Home Protection.
- Apr 08, 2019 · Specifically, a 410-bore (not “gauge” because the 410 is designated by its approximate caliber — .410″ — instead of a gauge) for home defense. Some may say, “It’s a shotgun, therefore it’s got to be good for home defense. Right?” Well, no. The …
- Mar 01, 2019 · The.410-bore shotgun has long been dismissed as a useful home-protection option when compared to the more potent 12-ga. and 20-ga. defensive shotguns currently on the market. If you had asked me my...
- I believe the .410 to be a great home defense weapon. As others have said lower recoil, less chance of over penetration, weight of the weapon being a good balance between a heavier caliber pistol or lower caliber rifle. Another benefit would be the slightly lower sound level. The 20 gauge and .410 give a wide selection of shot types.
- Apr 11, 2020 · Not only is it compact (which makes it good for close quarters and home defense), even though it’s a.410 gauge, it still packs one helluva punch and quite frankly, I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end when this weapon is fired.
- Jul 16, 2020 · By virtue of the fact it’s a .410, recoil is very manageable for the recoil-conscious or those slight of frame. Low recoil also allows for a fast, accurate, well-placed follow-up shot if necessary. Today, a variety of .410 ammunition is available, including specifically designed home/personal defense shotshells.
- Is .410 a good self defense round? Its actually quite a good upland bird choice. Rated for 850 fps muzzle velocity out of a handgun, we tested the 2.5-inch Federal Personal Defense load in our reliable pump shotgun. With four 000-buck balls, this is a heavier load than some we have tested in the past. This is more than enough for personal defense .
- Aug 28, 2020 · I have a.410 Mossberg Shockwave; using 4 or 5 pellet OOO loads, it would be more than adequate, imho. It did incredibly well with the Federal hardened & plated pellets, keeping all pellets on a silhouette target at 25 yards...march farther than a realistic HD distance would be.
- However, there is less recoil with the .410, and that factor seems to be the main reason for its regular use both in the field and for home defense. The idea seems to be that an inexperienced shooter facing an intruder will have an easier time wielding the .410 in a life-or-death situation than a heavier, harder-kicking 12 or 20 gauge.
- Mar 17, 2016 · The Taurus Judge is not the first .410 caliber revolving shotgun-handgun hybrid, but it has been by far the most successful pistol of its kind.Despite being a heavy, bulky weapon that holds a mere 5 rounds, the Judge can be found in most well-stocked gun stores, and its suitability for personal protection has become a hotly debated topic on internet forums.
- The implication is the AR platform is “good” for home defense. Which ignores that the .223 round is very good at penetration, but only so-so at stopping someone from attacking you. The large frame revolver can be excellent for home defense – if loaded with the right ammo.
Have you found Is A 410 Good Home Protection information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.