Is A 1911 Good For Home Defense
Want to know more about Is A 1911 Good For Home Defense? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Is A 1911 Good For Home Defense.
- We live in the age of polymers. While most modern handguns reflect this state, the "old reliable" 1911 is still one of the most appreciated pistol for self defence, sporting and law enforcement use. It all started with the Glock pistol, back in 1982. Yes, yes, I know, actually it all started with the H&K VP70 back in 1970, but that didn't have much sucess, and it wasn't until Gaston Glock presented his …
- Aug 25, 2010 · In other words, 1911s are more dangerous for self-defense work than double-action combat handguns. Makes sense to me. While I’ve shot thousands of rounds through 1911s, I still get the occasional “Hey, I didn’t mean to fire that round” moment. And that’s without [more than my normal amount of] stress.Author: Robert Farago
- Sep 25, 2010 · But generally speaking, no, the 1911 isn’t the reliability king. Not by a long chalk. In the final analysis, if one is willing to learn how to proficiently use a 1911 type pistol, there is nothing really any better for self defense use. That, sir, is debatable.Author: Robert Farago
- By and large, that reputation is not deserved. Your better 1911s, as manufactured today, will stay in 2½ inches or better at 25 yards with ammunition of top quality. With frame rail for InSight M3 light, Springfield Armory TRP Operator is ideal for home defense. This is one of the most highly evolved of today’s 1911s.
- Jul 18, 2013 · I don't keep a 1911 for Home defense. I just use my carry gun. If I can't handle an issue with 5 rounds of 38 special+p, I don't think any handgun will save me. Especially with home defense, you must be aware of your target and what is beyond it. I only …
- Apr 10, 2017 · Standard caliber is good old.45 ACP, which is a solid defensive load with a good hollowpoint, but there are plenty out there in 9mm, 10mm,.40 S&W and the odd.38 Super and other obscure handgun calibers as well. A wipe down with cleaner and lubricant every couple weeks and good magazines will keep a 1911 in good working order for decades.
- Jan 01, 2017 · A bit late to the discussion, but here’s my two cents. For home defense, concealability isn’t an issue, so one shouldn’t be relying on a handgun as the primary weapon. I stick with the Browning BPS Hi Cap riot gun I was lucky enough to find at Turner’s many years ago. I didn’t know it at the time, but Browning didn’t make many of them.
Have you found Is A 1911 Good For Home Defense information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.