Is 7.62 X 39 Good For Home Defense
Want to know more about Is 7.62 X 39 Good For Home Defense? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Is 7.62 X 39 Good For Home Defense.
- Hornady Zombie Max 7.62×39 ammo is an excellent choice for home defense. You have to be very careful when using rifle ammunition for home defense. You need a bullet that will expand quickly and reliably without over-penetration. Over-penetration limits the amount of tissue destruction and does not typically stop a target quickly.
- Sep 09, 2019 · The only thing I would disagree with is the premise of using the AK for home defences. Having seen what the 7.62 x 39 is capable of, homeowners must be aware of the fact that a fired round may not stay within the confines of their homes. The possiblity of penetrating a neighboring home can have devastating consequences.
- Dec 07, 2020 · Answered December 7, 2020 · Author has 7.3K answers and 4M answer views The 7.62 X 39 round would be real good for personal defense in some cases. The trouble with the X39 cartridge is that it has a lot of penetration behind it. You may want to rethink using the 7.62 X 39 ball for an apartment defense round.
- Apr 30, 2013 · And the PDX1 would likely stand much less chance of passing through a human target than a FMJ round, which, in a home defense situation, is definitely a good thing. But if over-penetration isn’t a concern, it seems that any 7.62 x 39mm ammo (FMJ, SP, etc.) would be plenty lethal at any reasonable self-defense ranges (10 meters or less).
- Dec 31, 2019 · If I kept a 7.62x39mm rifle for home defense, I would load it with Fusion without hesitation. I can't comment on barrier performance, but in bare gel, these are also good: 123gr TSX
- Jun 25, 2016 · Hear me out; right now the 7.62x39mm in America is a popular home defense/”fighting carbine” caliber, and also commonly used as a whitetail caliber especially when combined with inexpensive military surplus SKS carbines, but my readers are probably thinking right now that pushing the caliber into service against bears is just asking to become a headline.
- Feb 15, 2010 · While never using my 7.62x39 or any rifle for home defense. I would think any of the major ammo manufacturers with a "hunting" line of 7.62x39 would work. Personally I would look for a seven shot 18in 12 gauge, go used and it is relatively inexpensive. ByAnyMeans, Feb 14, 2010
- Right now 7.62×39 is rare as hen's teeth and if a store has any, they limit how much you can buy at a time. The SKS isn't the best choice for home defense because …
Have you found Is 7.62 X 39 Good For Home Defense information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.