Is 308 A Good Home Defense Caliber
Want to know more about Is 308 A Good Home Defense Caliber? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Is 308 A Good Home Defense Caliber.
- Jan 10, 2008 · I would never consider the.308 for home defense unless I lived on top of a hill that needed protecting 360° for out to 1,000 yards. There is no man or beast that will get into my house where I live that there are not several much, much better alternatives. Markbo, Jan 9, 2008 #7
- Mar 19, 2011 · I mean, a .308 could certainly be used to defend yourself. From point blank to a 1/4 mile or more under the right conditions. I think you'll pretty much be limited to rifle base platforms though. (practically, speaking of course.) Although, .308 "pistols" are available (some as full autos), I kinda doubt they are very practical.
- Oct 24, 2019 · Outside the tactical realm,.308 is a really good hunting round for medium to large game. It’s a safe bet that.308 (along with.30-30 and.30-06) has accounted for more North American game than all of the other calibers combined. I don’t think I’d go elephant hunting with it, but I’d feel confident using it on most large game.
- Feb 14, 2019 · It fits me, which I believe is the most important aspect of choosing a self-defense caliber and weapon. 5. 357 Mag. Last is my personal favorite, as well as the one I sell the most of. It is the good old-fashioned revolver called 357 mag. There is a good reason why I chose this weapon.
- Granted, the.308 is not the best round for defense inside of your home because it can easily pass through each of the walls of your home and the walls of your neighbors. A handgun, shotgun, or a rifle in an intermediate caliber such as the 7.62x39mm or 5.56x45mm NATO would be a superior choice for that.
- Jun 21, 2016 · Shannon Kay is a top-level Precision Rifle Series competitor as well as an experienced military sniper. He feels that the .308 has some serious disadvantages when it comes to long-range shooting. There's nothing wrong with the .308 per se, it's just that it represents what is essentially 110-year-old ballistic technology in a 64-year-old package. It may be better for shooting through brick …
- Jan 15, 2020 · Some people insist on running a rifle or AR-style set up though for various reasons. I don’t yuck other people’s yum, so let’s jump into the good and bad of AR self-defense in the home. Pistol Caliber Carbines. Having a pistol caliber carbine or little AR pistol chambered in 9mm or 45 ACP isn’t a bad option for inside the home.
Have you found Is 308 A Good Home Defense Caliber information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.