Is 10mm Good For Home Defense
Want to know more about Is 10mm Good For Home Defense? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Is 10mm Good For Home Defense.
- Jul 20, 2018 · Well, first of all, the target might not be a human. 10mm is gaining some ground as a caliber for hunting medium to large game or for protection against dangerous animals.
- And what most of those shooters noticed is that, despite its early troubles, the 10 mm is actually a very good defensive cartridge. It’s not right for every shooter and every situation, but for...
- Jul 03, 2020 · Simply put, the 10mm is an excellent cartridge for any kind of defensive duties. While the most powerful 10mm ammo will kick a little more than a 9mm, it is not scary or painful to shoot. I wish I had been able to shoot the Federal HST load for this article as it seems to be the top 10mm round for self defense. That said, I feel perfectly comfortable carrying the Hornady Critical Duty load in this caliber.
- Jul 30, 2020 · Unless you have superior recoil control and an exceptional pistol shooting ability, I wouldn’t recommend the 10mm for defense against humans. Almost everyone will be better off with a 9mm and literally any cartridge available.
- Jul 20, 2018 · With the recent addition of 10mm to our ballistic gel test project, we're now looking at the bigger question of whether it's a good choice for self-defense.S...
- May 31, 2019 · Best 10mm Self-Defense & Duty Ammo. Federal 10mm 180 Grain Hydra-Shok JHP. Federal has been making the popular Hydra-Shok line of ammunition since 1989. The Hydra-Shok line of bullets continues to stand the test of time very well. Federal’s made the ammo for just shy of three decades now. Either the trusted Federal brand name sells it, or it sells because shooters know it …
- Mar 14, 2013 · Personally, when I carry 10mm for self defense, I use hollow points that are "FBI weak" loadings. Privi Partisan makes them and they are dirt cheap for 10mm. They push 180 grain hollow point around 1000 FPS, so its a hair under 500FPE. it isn't much different from a hot .40 or 9mm round, its a hollow point, so less chance of over penetration, and its cheap ammo, so I have an opportunity to …
- May 18, 2020 · In the place of the .40-equivalent loads, the 10mm defensive loads have stepped up a bit, in part due to the FBI test protocols. The 10mm was always a large-framed pistol caliber, not something you could shoehorn into a 9mm platform (that was what the .40 did), so users weren’t, and still aren’t, too put off by full-FBI-compliant loadings.
Have you found Is 10mm Good For Home Defense information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.