Good And Bad About Log Homes
Want to know more about Good And Bad About Log Homes? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Good And Bad About Log Homes.
- Log homes often cost more to insure than traditional homes. One reason is because log homes are often located in remote locations, far from fire departments that could respond more quickly to the fire if the home were closer. Log homes are also expensive to rebuild if they are lost to a fire or other disaster, causing some insurance companies to raise their rates or shy away from log homes altogether.
- #9 – Although log homes tend to survive fires better than stick built homes, fire insurance rates could be higher than the cost to insure a traditional home in your area. One of the reasons is the fact that log homes tend to be built in more remote places, farther away from fire hydrants and fire stations.
- Pros and Cons of Owning a Log Home Energy efficient . This means your home can be kept cool in the summer and warm in the winter without you having to rely... Log homes fit into the "green" lifestyle . Builders today tend to use logs from sustainable forests, to ensure that they... Traditional charm ...
- Western cedar logs are better and more expensive Full log homes have no insulation – It is really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter without conventional systems in place A log wall is a solid mass and since there is no insulated space, R-Value does not apply correctly When the logs shrink, you have to keep caulking between them
- The good news: Although there was major wind and flood damage to the outside landscaping, this well-built home survived the true test with no real damage.”. Here are 2 articles about the log home that is owned by John Heintz: Canadian Logs Grace Florida Lake. Log Home On Crooked Lake Comes Together One Log At A Time.
- Jun 13, 2012 · log home maintanace is a nightmare in itself, and costly too (house was always stained with twp a very good procuct) problem is something always needs staining.large deck seems to need stain yearly as does the gazebo roof (cedar shakes) second point is a house made of wood will be attacked by every kind of critter known that love wood.
Have you found Good And Bad About Log Homes information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.