Empire Marketing Board Buy Empire Goods From Home And Overseas
Want to know more about Empire Marketing Board Buy Empire Goods From Home And Overseas? You are in the right place. Expand your knowledge of home goods. Here you can find everything about Empire Marketing Board Buy Empire Goods From Home And Overseas.
- Highways of Empire: Buy Empire Goods from Home and Overseas [poster] Creator: Macdonald Gill ( Designer) Empire Marketing Board ( Publisher) Waterloo & Sons ( Printer) Place of Publication: London Creation Date: 1927 Materials: ink ( medium ) paper ( medium ) linen ( medium ) Measurements: 40 x 59-1/2 in 101.6 x 151.1 cm
- Nov 27, 2020 · Empire Marketing Board (distributer) Materials and Techniques. Drawing, tempera on paper. Marks and inscriptions. HT Signed with monogram. Dimensions. Height: 12.5 in, Width: 8.5 in. Descriptive line 'Buy here Empire goods from Home and Overseas.', design by Horace Taylor for the Empire Marketing Board, Great Britain, 1926-1933.
- Dec 14, 2018 · The EMB’s principal aim was to promote intra-imperial trade, that is the sale of British and Empire-made goods & British and Empire-grown produce both at home and throughout the overseas colonies & Dominions.
- The Board have, however, substantial evidence from the Press, the public and trade interests at home and overseas that their posters are an advantageous instrument of their policy of creating a background of interest in the subject of Empire buying.
- Great design by one of England's leading poster artists Austin Cooper (1890-1964) featuring stylised text in red and black against a red and black striped background: Buyers are Builders Buy British from the Empire at Home or Overseas. The Empire Marketing Board (EMB 1926-1933) was formed to promote intra-Empire trade.Brand: 1stdibs
- The duty of the Empire Marketing Board to the home producer was thus made clear from the outset. The membership of the board included certain members of the Government ex officio together with representatives of the oversea parts of the Empire, of different political parties and other or ganizations appointed by the secretary of State.
- The Empire Marketing Board (EMB) was established by the Conservative Party in 1926 to promote inter-imperial trade. It was headed by the Colonial Secretary Leopold Amery. In early 1927 the EMB established a film unit to publicise and promote empire produce and trade.
- Dec 22, 2020 · By 1933, the Empire Marketing Board had billboards at 1,800 sites in 450 towns and cities in order to establish a sense of responsibility towards overseas residents of Empire, as well as to encourage the British public to become ‘responsible consumers’ at home.
Have you found Empire Marketing Board Buy Empire Goods From Home And Overseas information?
We hope you find the information you are interested in. On our site you can find many other information about home goods.